Do I have to have my home remodeling project approved by the City?

If the remodeling project involves changes to the exterior of the home and/or room additions that change the footprint of the home on the lot so that setbacks would need to be measured, the Design Review Committee will need to review the remodeling plans.

What are the specs for a composite roof and how do I go about getting one approved?

The minimum composite roofing specifications are: 50-year warranty, 100 mph wind rating, architectural in design and earth tone in color. A pre-approved listing of materials is available–if an item meets the minimum specs but are not shown on the pre-approved list, then the Design Review Committee will need to meet to approve the choice. The committee will then need a sample board of the material and a brochure that highlights the specifications.

How is my sewer bill calculated?

Your sewer bill is calculated on your actual water usage. You pay a $29.52 flat rate that is for debt reduction, and then an additional $3.85 per 1,000 gallons for actual water usage. During the summer months of May through October, we automatically provide an averaging program for your sewer charges (this is the average of your January, February and March water usage—sewer charges are tied to water usage). If you have no water usage, or minimal usage, during January, February and March, you will be billed a minimum of 7,200 gallons of water, which the City of Ozark calculates as the usage for the average household. This gives residents a break on at least their sewer charges for the summer months when you typically use more water. If you go on vacation for an extended period of time and have your water turned off, you will still be charged the minimum fees for water ($11.97) and sewer ($29.52).

What addition am I located in?

There are 19 different additions in total–Fremont Hills Subdivision Original Addition, Fremont Hills Duplex Addition, Additions #1 through #15, Cassidy Addition and Fremont Parke Addition. A map showing the various additions is available on ourCity Maps page or the information can be obtained by calling the Deputy Clerk at 725-6404.


Can I get a copy of the covenants and restrictions for my property?

A copy can be obtained through the Christian County Recorders Office. The City implemented a comprehensive set of Planning and Zoning Codes in 2000–when considering any changes to property, these codes need to be reviewed in addition to the covenants and restrictions–contact the Deputy Clerk to discuss (725-6404).


For Non-Residents


What is the zoning classification for a particular address?

We have three single family residential zoning classifications: R-1A has a minimum of 2,300 sq. ft. on the main level and 2,700 sq. ft. total, R-1B has a minimum of 2,000 sq. ft. on the main level, and R-1C has a minimum of 1,800 sq. ft. on the main level. The duplexes and villas (12th addition) have a 1,350 sq. ft. minimum.


Who provides services for trash, phone, cable, etc.?

Refer to our Resources Page for service providers.


What are the homeowners association dues?

Homeowners association dues are paid only by residents who live in the 12th addition–they are set by that HOA board. To find out the amount of those dues, contact the City Deputy Clerk (725-6404) for referral to the current HOA Board President.


When is your annual neighborhood garage sale?

Our neighborhood garage sale is the last Saturday of April. We only have a spring neighborhood garage sale.


Do I have to join the country club to live in Fremont Hills?

Residents are not required to join the club. The club is a major part of our community and many residents do take advantage of the various amenities they have to offer. Refer to Fremont Hills Country Club Web site to check out Fremont Hills Country Club.

Scroll to Top